Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 1: arriving in London

Day one down... well, sort of.

Awesome moment of the day (36 hours, as it was, if you include all the travel time): Queen of England arrived at Windsor Castle while we were on the premisis.

Susan at Windsor Castle
 Lara at Windsor Castle
Blooper (cultural/linguistic blooper): not having available enough tip money for the unplanned afternoon tour we participated in.

Cheapest Pleasure: Three Pakistani girls took our photo out in the pouring rain in front of Buckingham Palace (so that we could both be in the shot). We reciprocated of course. Luckily, the rain scared away the other tourists, so we have a relatively uncluttered photo!
In front of Buckingham Palace, this shot courtesy of
three giggling Pakistani teens.


10 comments:

  1. I watched the flight tracker. Did you get in ~9:00am (1:00am PST)? Then you had energy to go to Windsor Castle. You are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were pretty exhausted and dragging by the time 8pm rolled around and we were trying to get back via the Tube!

      Delete
    2. Russ said to just stay up, so we did. I tried to take as much advice as I could from folks who've traveled before!

      Delete
  2. You landed so early in the morning CA time, and then you had energy to go to Windsor Castle. You are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI Louise, your comments don't appear as soon as you post them, because we have a setting on it in which we have to approve the comment before it officially publishes and appears on the blog. When we check email once a day, we usually approve them! ;)

      Delete
  3. We're having thunder and lightening storm here in Sequim. Started last night after a lovely day. It's coming from the Puget Sound and traveling west. I wonder how long it'll remain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's unusual for Sequim (though very common for me in CR!) Hope you're enjoying it. Apparently Bert is hiding under the covers!? Aud posted a cute pic on Fb!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures;) Here's where your conditioning (swimming) comes in - you have the energy and health to really enjoy the days:) Go Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you don't really know how much walking and hiking I did. We took stairs as often as we could. I thought the bursitis in my hips would kick in, but it never did. I just panted a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us messages and notes!!!
~Lara + Susan :)